This is an interesting looking shell jacket from Mountain Hardware. No, I didn’t get it free and I’m not paid to say this. I bought it from World of Sports for $265. Features include:
1. Attached, roll away Ergo hood with laminated brim and quick single pull adjustment.
2. Micro-chamois lined chin guard eliminates zipper chafe.
3. Lightweight, watertight pit zips and mesh front pockets for ventilation.
4. Articulated sleeves for mobility.
5. Arm pocket for ID, keys, other small items.
6. Dual hem drawcords for quick adjustments.
Of course, we need a shell jacket to be waterproof and breathable. This jacket does it with a surface treatment called Conduit. This generic “Goretex” is pretty good. The jacket is very light, compressible and easy to stow away. The only problem is wear and tear. It’s not very durable in a rocky terrain and it almost melted when I placed it too close to a room heater.
Wearing this jacket in Daocheng, China